Some of the Common Conditions that Will Benefit from Chiropractic Care
When you’ve been hurt in any type of accident or mishap, or if you’re suffering from any type of degenerative condition, you want relief. You need to be careful, though, that you don’t use medication to temporarily mask the pain without getting to the source of your discomfort. You should also be concerned about treatment options that involve invasive surgery, which can significantly extend your recovery time and may bring long-term consequences, such as scarring or loss of range of motion. With chiropractic, you can get to the source of your pain without drugs or invasive procedures. In fact, it’s an extremely effective way to treat many common injuries or conditions:
- Muscle, tendon, ligament or other connective tissue trauma—Many types of sports injuries, such as hamstring pulls, tennis elbow, rotator cuff injury or tendonitis, will respond exceptionally well to chiropractic care. A chiropractor can carefully manipulate your spine and joints to stretch out and strengthen your muscles, alleviate swelling and inflammation, and increase range of motion.
- Sciatica—One of the common causes of sciatica, the very painful feeling at your tailbone, is the misalignment of your sacroiliac joints. A chiropractor can realign those joints, relieving impingement on the nerves in your lumbar spine.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome—If you spend a lot of time at a computer or use your hands, wrists or forearms in any type of repetitive manner, you can compress the median nerve, leading to tenderness or pain. Chiropractic care is particularly effective in treating this condition.
- Scoliosis—This condition, where your spine tends to curve sideways, can be the result of misalignment or of chronic posture issues. Chiropractic can help you gradually straighten out your spine.
- Herniated disc—This condition involves injury to or degeneration of the cushioning between your vertebrae. Chiropractic offers a wide range of treatment options, from spinal manipulation to traction to massage therapy.
Contact A Proven Irving, Texas Chiropractor Today
At Ideal Chiropractic, we understand the many concerns you have because of a workplace injury or illness. We provide comprehensive treatment to men and women who have been hurt in a motor vehicle accident or in the course of their employment. We’ll carefully assess all your injuries and prescribe the appropriate treatment and medication to facilitate your healing and manage your discomfort. To schedule an appointment, contact us online. or call our office at 972-252-PAIN (7246).