Some of the Common Conditions that Will Benefit from Chiropractic Care
In the aftermath of a traumatic accident, or if you suffer pain as the result of any type of degenerative condition, your first priority will often be relief from your discomfort. Your first inclination may be to use anti-inflammatory medications or painkillers, but that won’t help you get to the root of the problem. It’s just a temporary palliative. You may also have medical professionals recommend a surgical procedure, which may help, but can present problems of its own, with complications that hamper your full recovery or limit your range of movement. There’s a better option.
With chiropractic, you won’t need pharmaceutical products or invasive surgical procedures to treat your condition. With spinal adjustments, gentle massage and other techniques, chiropractic can effectively treat a wide range of medical issues:
- Muscle, tendon, ligament or other connective tissue trauma—The vast majority of sports injuries, from tennis elbow or rotator cuff injury to hamstring pulls and tendonitis, respond exceptionally well to chiropractic care. A chiropractor can carefully manipulate your spine and joints to stretch out and strengthen your muscles, alleviate swelling and inflammation, and increase range of motion.
- Herniated disc—This condition involves injury to or degeneration of the cushioning between your vertebrae. Chiropractic offers a wide range of treatment options, from spinal manipulation to traction to massage therapy.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome—If you spend a lot of time at a computer or use your hands, wrists or forearms in any type of repetitive manner, you can compress the median nerve, leading to tenderness or pain. Chiropractic care is particularly effective in treating this condition.
- Scoliosis—This condition, where your spine tends to curve sideways, can be the result of misalignment or of chronic posture issues. Chiropractic can help you gradually straighten out your spine.
- Sciatica—Sciatica, the intensely painful feeling in your tailbone that can virtually paralyze you, is often the result of the misalignment of your sacroiliac joints. A chiropractor can put those joints back in place, relieving impingement on the nerves in your lumbar spine.
Make an Appointment with Our Experienced Doctors Today
At Accident Injury Doctors, we understand the health consequences of an automobile accident. We’ll carefully evaluate all your injuries and prescribe the appropriate treatment and medication to facilitate your healing and manage your discomfort. To schedule an appointment, contact us by email or call our office at 405-600-7092.